We use the word empowerment alot – but what does it actually mean: it is the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling your life and standing up for you.
Here are five ways to help you feel more empowered:
• Get Clear On What you Want. Jot down a few activities that make you feel most taken care of and fully alive. Put the list on your computer so you see it every day. Be clear on the activities that make you feel powerful.
• Let go of the Guilt. There are so many things to be done during the day and sometimes the last thing you want to do is spend time on you. Spend a few minutes writing down these feelings of guilt and then screw it up and put it in the bin, discard the old thinking.
• Tap into your Courage. Sit and explore what is holding you back, what limiting beliefs do you hold on to. Write down what comes up for you, and focus on finding a positive thought for each limiting belief, and read this everyday.
• Meditate/Prayer. We all have the still small voice within us and sometimes all we need is to remove some of the noise so we can hear that voice.
• Create a daily affirmation. Each morning come up with an affirmation that will help guide you through your day. I am safe and happy and I have the ability to make my future all that I want it to be.